Wednesday, August 18, 2010

GARLIC GINGER CHILLIE HOT SAUCE


Nothing fancy here. It's just a garlic ginger chillie hot sauce. A chicken rice hot sauce. All you need is a blender and a swoosh and it's done.

Ju made this exact sauce a couple of days ago as well. I'm not surprised if we had made and photographed it on the very same day. We share the same vibes. I believe that this is the third time we've made similar food and posted it within a whisker's post of each other's. It's one of those strange but true occurrences. 


This hot sauce is great with steam boats, chicken rice, stir fried noodles, rice, soups, as a dipping for fritters. Anything and everything I suppose. Whatever makes you happy and whenever your palate needs a bit of a kick.

Its kind of sour and spicy with a very subtle tinge of sweetness to it. Very very very appetizing.




The recipe ~


10 chillies plus some/many bird's eye chillies if you like
6-7 pips garlic, peeled
1 inch ginger, peeled
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 T sugar
salt to taste


Wash and ch0p chillies into chunks. De-seed them if you wish. Put chillies and everything else in a  blender and blitz until it becomes a thick sauce. Add salt to taste. Store in a jar and better still in the refrigerator.

I am submitting this to Muhibbah Malaysian Monday hosted by Shaz of Test with skewer and 3hungry tummies


IMG_3063contrastsmtshpn

18 comments:

ICook4Fun said...

Zurin, you and Ju pakat again ke? I like this type of chilli sauce. Really good with poached chicken :)

Angie's Recipes said...

I always got my chilli sauce from the stores....and I kept telling myself I would make my own chilli next time...and this morning I still went to the store and get Knorr garlic chilli sauce.
Thanks, zurin, for sharing the recipe.
Angie

3 hungry tummies said...

Haha great minds think alike! One must always have a jar in the fridge!

Ju (The Little Teochew) said...

Hehehehehe ... I really am amazed at how we seem to read each other's minds, Zurin. ;) Your sauce looks yum yum and tastes yum yum (I have the same sauce, so I can vouch for that)! ;)

pam said...

I have got to stop buying this and start making my own!!!

Sarah-Jane - SiliconeMoulds.com said...

wow - amazing photos Zurin

Chilli sauce looks lovely. Would have gone really well with the kebabs I made tonight. Ju's looks awesome too

Looks so easy too - I'll maybe try this. I think Ju's needed red bean curd and that's not something I can easily get around here.

Cooking Gallery said...

I love sambal, it's such a great condiment. I love eating with rice and other meat dishes :)!

Shirley @ Kokken69 said...

Like I had commented at Ju's, a good chili sauce recipe is a gem. This must be one of those as I have already have 2 testimonies for it.

Percicilan said...

NOW I feel like eating Hainanese Chicken Rice with this!!!
Cannot visit your blog while fasting lahhh aunty Zurin!

Elin Chia said...

Zurin...thanks for this delicious chilli sauce recipe... great for chicken rice...garlic, ginger and apple cider vinegar are great combination.

MaryMoh said...

This chili sauce looks awesome. I need to make a big jar and put in the fridge. Then I know what will happen after that....chicken rice everyday....haha.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

This is best to serve with white cut chicken, yummy!

pigpigscorner said...

I saw this at Ju's too! Now I want to make some!

Pam said...

The sauce sounds great and your photos are gorgeous! Good job!

shaz said...

Mmm, I LOVE this sauce with chicken rice. Pity my kids don't like chilli, so I usually just use bottled sauce (shame!).

Dorrie said...

Your sauce looks delicious, and I would like to make it. Bus what is a pip of garlic? A clove, or a bulb, or something else?

Do you think this sauce goes with cooked fish, too?

Zurin said...

Dorrie, A pip of garlic is a clove of garlic. :) yes the sauce wld go with fish as well. tq for asking. :)

MeRy said...

Oh..I love this type of chilly sauce..Will try out your recipe since my backyards has a chilly plant.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails