Sunday, August 22, 2010

QUICK BREAKFAST NOODLES



Hi everyone! Here's a quick post of some breakfast noodles. It is simple and uses dried prawns as the main flavour base with added bean sprouts and chives for added flavour and texture.


And crushed bird's eye chillie fo a nice kick. Yum!

I made this on the same day that I made the hot sauce.


I used skinny noodles from a packet (horrors) but it did have a few NO'S on the packet.....like NO preservatives, NO MSG, No Colouring. I suppose that's as close to homemade as I can get. 


I'm out of steam, out of energy and out of time these past few days. I need to get working on those cookies. And I think I'm in  need of a plan just so I can carry out my plans.



 The recipe ~


This noodle dish is so simple yet so full of flavour and makes a nice filling breakfast, lunch, snack or even dinner.


2 squares of skinny noodles

6-7 pieces dried prawns, soaked in water for about 10 minutes
2 pips garlic
2 bird's eye chillies or a large chillie pepper
a handful of bean sprouts
a handful of chives
dark soy sauce
salt 
cooking oil


Blanch noodles in boiling water until it softens and is cooked through.It won't take long depending on the noodles that you are using.

Pound dried prawns, garlic and chillies in a pestle and mortar until fairly fine.

Heat a wok and pour in about 2 tablespoons of oil and then saute the pounded ingredients until fragrant and the paste looks a little golden at the edges. 

Throw in the noodles, bean sprouts and the chives and some soy sauce and the salt. Give it a stir to mix them all up well and evenly. You may add some water if it too dry. Serve with garlic ginger chillie hot sauce and a wedge of lime. Enjoy!


I am submitting this to Muhibbah Malaysian Monday hosted by Shaz of Test with Skewer and 3 hungry tummies.


22 comments:

Su-Lin said...

What a great and easy recipe! Whenever I get a microwave, I'll make this the night before to heat up in the morning - it's still too much work for me when I've half asleep!

chow and chatter said...

looks simple and yummy, oh bless get some rest sweet Zurin Rebecca

Federica Simoni said...

wow che piatto invitante!!!complimenti!!!!ciao!!

busygran said...

A great way to start the day with this easy and tasty noodles!

Cooking Gallery said...

I love how your breakfast noodles look - very tasty, and love the addition of chili as well :)!

Elin Chia said...

Yumyum...simple yet taste good. Chives really add flavor to the noodles. And with bird's eye chillies in it...love it more!

Elin Chia said...

Yumyum...simple yet taste good. Chives really add flavor to the noodles. And with bird's eye chillies in it...love it more!

Passionate About Baking said...

zurin,
This noodles looks so nice and satisfying! I would truly like to have a few bowls of it, and skip my lunch and dinner! Heehee...

Shirley @ Kokken69 said...

Zurin, it is totally ok to use the skinny noodle from the pack - it is what we call egg noodles, I believe. Not the same as those instant noodles - no instant noodles would look this scrumptious- that's for sure!

Daniela said...

Favolosa questi noodles, le foto sono favolose, complimenti.Buona settimana Daniela.

Linda said...

This looks like a breakfast fit for a Queen...how I would love to have this one day first thing in the morning with a nice cup of tea!
I hope you are well rested now Zurin!
L~xo

Unknown said...

That look so good.

3 hungry tummies said...

This reminds me of home :) I must get some of the dried noodles. Delicious!

Anonymous said...

I love having this type of noodles for breakfast plus a bowl of plain congee :)

MaryMoh said...

I need that for my breakfast now :D It's simple and delicious.....just perfect.

Joudie's Mood Food said...

WOW. This would be my ultimate breakfast. I am not a sweet tooth as much as i am a savoury kind of person. This would definitley wake me up! Gorgeous!

terri@adailyobsession said...

i LOOOVVEE mee kosong altho this isn't so kosong. yumyumyum.

you've been cooking & blogging like a high speed train recently while i'm still hiding behind my travel posts :D

shaz said...

Thanks for a fantastic submission. Wish someone else would whip these up for me in the morning (I'm so not a morning person!).

Good luck with all the plans.

pigpigscorner said...

oo chili padi, yum yum!

Angie's Recipes said...

Zurin, that's a real breakfast! Could you add more chives for me! :-))

Jenny said...

thanks for the recipe. tried it out the other day and it was just great. not too heavy and not too light and what more, its easy to prepare.

Anonymous said...

What a refreshing choice of breakfast! I never eat noodle for breakfast in the US, but when I travelled in China, the hotels always provide both Asian and Western breakfast options and it's so cool to eat noodle, steamed buns and drink soymilk for a change.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails