Wednesday, July 15, 2009

KREATIV BLOGGER AWARD - THANK YOU ELIN


I had such a sweet surprise today. It was from Elin of Elinluv's Tidbits Corner. She gave me this lovely award and for that I thank you Elin. :) Elin has such a lovely blog. It is a repository for all kinds of amazing recipes and having been through most of her posts I have come to realize that she is also one awesome Bun Lady! If ever you're in need of a bun, sweet or savoury, Elin has it. And loads more!

I'm very happy to receive this award for 2 reasons. For one, it is the first 'award' given to me by a fellow food blogger and secondly it's good to know that my blog's existence is worth some kind of an award :-)

This food blog started out as a little something for myself, to past my time and strangely enough as a 'tangible' extension of my imagination, my thoughts and my self-centred fantasies. It was my playground. However, over time it has grown to become an obligation and almost a duty. So there have been times that I have wanted to call it a day. I began to weigh its worth against my time spent and the effort I put in. In other words I no longer felt that I was doing this completely for myself. It was no longer an indulgence.

This blog has become a responsibility because it involves others, like you and members of my family. I should have known that if one chooses to play on a public playground one cannot expect to play alone without being affected and without affecting others. I realize that I was not 'retiring' into a virtual world as I foolishly thought I was when I first started blogging but that I was, in fact, 'starting out' each time I post a post and that I would in the end deal with very real people although I meet and see no one at all. It's creepy sometimes, whimsical at other times but mostly it's a tad confusing.

Giving up this blog isn't as easy as I thought it would be because it grows on you, like an extra limb and for the moment I'm stuck with it. That's the creepy part. At other times it provides a convenient platform that allows me to be quirky and silly up to a point. It allows me to be creative in more ways than one so I do get enjoyment out of it, obviously. That's the whimsy part. But most of all I am still not quite sure whether it's 'good' or 'bad' for me, my husband and my children as a whole. Or rather how much good is it? Or how much time or how much less time is good? Needless to say that is the confusing part :)

But until I find the perfect formula for the Greatest Happiness, until I can figure out the worth of blogging, and only until I do, I'll keep this blog the new factor that I'll have to deal with in my life's equation - for the time being.

Thank you for the award Elin. That certainly gives me a lovely reason to keep going.

And like reality this virtual award comes with rules and conditions. And they are...........

1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on the blogs you have nominated to let them know they have been nominated.

Seven facts about me.....

1. Green is my favourite colour for now. My preference changes over the years.

2. Like Elin, if you leave me in the household department the rest of the world does not exist. My greatest weaknesses are plates, bowls, cookware, table cloths, decorative items, quilts, fabric, paintings, flowers, colours and 'British India'.

3. I enjoy most the company of kind, quirky and funny people.

4. I love islands.

5. I enjoy reading tremendously.

6. I cook most of our meals because I think eating out too much is not healthy.

7. When I do eat out I look forward to the company rather than the food.

My fellow bloggers that I am going to pass on this award to are............

Terri of Hunger Hunger for being one of my first communicating blogger friends, for her opinionated opinions, her wonderful life stories and food stories.

Denise of Chicky Egg who is cute and funny and who sometimes comes up with the most wonderfully creative and hilarious recipe instructions.

Tracie Moo of Bittersweet for her youthful enthusiasm in baking with or without her mom.

Marija of Palachinka for her stunning photography and her kindness in helping me learn to watermark my photos.

Lorraine of Ganache Ganache for her passion in cake decorating and her latest creatively hilarious swimming trunk cake.

Ninette of Big, Bold, Beautiful Food for her beautiful blog and her amazing creativity with food powders on her latest post Daring Cooks July 2009 Challenge

And last but never least my eldest daughter Juli of Joyluck Kitchen for her amazing energy and enthusiasm for life, her family and cooking and her lovely fusion food blog.

10 comments:

Ninette said...

Wow, I am so honored to get this award! Thank you. And I'm glad you're not going to give up on yours!

Nadia said...

awwww..thanks mummy!!
i told you you're going places LOL...

oh and thanks for the fotos.....no i havent given up on putting up my mother's pics on my wall LOL

i just figured it took yousome time to find them LOL considering i posted all over your blog in the comment sections for it LOLOLOL


hugs

Ninette said...

Thanks to you, I've been able to pass on the seven Kreativ Bloggers award to seven other blogs. Talk about spreading happiness around! Thank you.

Zurin said...

Ninette, ur welcome and m glad for ur other 7 blogger friends too!:)

Juli, welcome dearie. :)

tracieMoo said...

Aww.. Thanks Zurin! I'm still very new to baking and cooking and this is my very first award! Apart from the award, you gave me motivation to go on with baking. Thankyou so much =)

Marija said...

Zurin, thank you! I am so honored!

Zurin said...

Tracie Moo, Ur welcome Tracie. keep on baking n cooking :)

Marija, ur welcome :)

Denise ^ ChickyEGG said...

aiyoo ! malunya kena mention award here! hahhahaha, anyway TQ TQ Mrs. Grinch! hahhaa since u like green.

ganache-ganache said...

Zurin, I'm not malu lah, just like what Denise said, been busy with my orders ! I'm honoured being 'bestowed' this award when I'm nowhere close to being 'kreativ'. Thank you so much, will definitely pass it on, give me some time though...

terri@adailyobsession said...

thank you zurin, for the award! i'm glad u noticed :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails