Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Chocolate Chip Pancakes


Not the healthiest of breakfasts so I served them for tea. Those chocolate chips in my fridge needed to be finished otherwise I would just nibble them away when no one was looking. This way my boys/young men would finish them off before I could finish the batter up.

You could add anything to the batter for variety. Blueberries, freshly grated coconut or sliced bananas for some more healthy versions.

Okay, okay, I feel a little guilty with the chocolate chips. So it will be a long while before I'll buy another packet again. Swear to God.

1 cup plain flour
2 teaspn baking powder
2 Tblspn sugar or according to taste
1/4 teasp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup fresh milk
1/4 cup chocolate chips/frozen blueberries/ sliced bananas or grated coconut

Mix the first six ingredients until no lumps are visible. Add the chocolate chips. Stir. Let rest for at least fifteen minutes to allow the batter to thicken a little.

Heat a pan. Melt 1 or 2 teaspoons of butter in a pan and drop two tablespoonfuls of batter for each pancake. I cooked four pancakes at a time in my pan. Perhaps a bigger pan would be more convenient and will finish off the batter quicker.

TIPS : None. Oh well, don't omit the salt, even in sweet cakes, because it makes such a difference.

Serve warm with honey.

1 comment:

H said...

And what is the yield?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails